My Guide Website?
From Ushuaia: Emerald Lagoon Trekking Day Trip with Dinner17 Reviews
Discover the stunning Esmeralda Lagoon on a day trip from Ushuaia. Cross the ancient lenga forest and admire the turquoise water of the lagoon, nestled between great mountains before enjoying dinner.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Argentina:If youʻre booking your trip to Argentina last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Breath in fresh air as you explore a dense forest on the hike
- Trek with a specialized guide and learn about the area
- See the Emerald Lagoon surrounded by wild landscapes
- Tuck into dinner in a small cabin overlooking the Tierra Mayor valley
- Admire the rugged mountain landscape and turquoise blue lagoon water
DescriptionYou will start this tour from the meeting point located in Ushuaia city and then depart towards Tierra Mayor Valley. Once at the beginning of the path, you will start your 3-hour hike towards Emerald Lagoon. Most of the year the ground is humid, which gives a medium difficulty to the trek. Enjoy a path covered with dense native forests and streams (over 5 miles with a cumulative elevation gain of 580 ft.). Emerald Lagoon is hidden and located at the foot of the Ojo de Albino glacier, between Cerro Bonete and Cordón Toribio. It is an excellent place for spotting foxes, condors, and beavers. Once arrive to the shore, marvel at the turquoise water while you take a break. The colors that mix between the emerald green of its waters and the coppery red of the peat bogs, added to the other, greens, and browns of the mountains that enclose it and the albino white of the glacier achieve a visual charm and a wonderful chromatic amplitude. At the end of the tour, enjoy a quiet dinner in a charming cottage overlooking the Tierra Mayor Valley while the sun slowly goes down. Return to Ushuaia is estimated at around 10 PM.
IncludesTransportation from the meeting point Bilingual (English/Spanish) guide Dinner Drinks hotel Drop off
- You must provide the full name, date of birth, nationality, and passport number of each participant when booking in order to confirm your booking