My Guide Website?
El Chalten: Mount Fitz Roy &Laguna de Los Tres Full-Day Hike10 Reviews
Discover the "Trekking Capital of the World" on a 8-hour hiking tour of the Glaciers National Park from El Chaltén. Immerse yourself in the cinematic landscapes of Patagonia, and enjoy views of the spectacular glacial mountains of the Andes, and more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Argentina:If youʻre booking your trip to Argentina last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Hike the stunning mountains of Patagonia's Glaciers National Park
- Enjoy panoramic views of Mount Fitz Roy and its massive granite structure
- Soak up the legendary views from Lagunas de los Tres
- Trek one of the prettiest routes of the Patagonian Andes
- Breathe in the fresh glacial air and marvel at the epic views
DescriptionThe most classic, spectacular and unforgettable trekking in southern Patagonia. The visit to Laguna de los Tres is a classic of El Chaltén and one of the most beautiful viewpoints for the panoramic views of Fitz Roy. Although it is one of the longest trails, it is worth it. The activity will start with the pick up from the hotels at 06:00 AM. Then you will take the mythical Route 40 bordering the Lago Argentino and start your trip to the town of El Chaltén, 220 km from El Calafate. The transport will be waiting for you so that you can make the Fitz Roy Trail for 8 hours, covering a total of 20 km to reach 1,200 meters high. You will pass through different sceneries, some more wooded, others more austere and with water mirrors until you reach Laguna de los Tres. During the winter season, the main landscape is snow. We provide you with crampons and poles so you can walk safely. The first 4 kilometers will be to warm up, with an incredible view of the Rio de las Vueltas Valley, crossing forests and streams, until you reach Laguna Capri. Then you will continue along the same trail until km 8, where you will find the Poincenot Camping and the Rio Blanco, here begin the most difficult kilometers. In this instance we recommend to be attentive to the schedule, since to go down to the town from Laguna de los Tres will take approximately 4 hours. The return trail is the same as the outward trail; we suggest you pay attention to the only detour point which is Mirador del Fitz Roy. You should not take this path because in case of search or rescue, the indicated path is through Laguna Capri. At 7:00 p.m. we will meet again in town, where we will start our return trip.
IncludesPickup and drop-off at hotels in El Calafate Trekking poles and crampons
- • Pickup time from hotels in El Calafate is between 6 to 7am. The exact pick-up time will be reconfirmed at the hotel reception the day before the tour date. Please do not forget to contact local operator at least 48 hours before your tour departure date to reconfirm your booking
- Please note that on 25 December and 1 January departure time is between 10:30 and 11:00
- Food and drinks are not included Important: -Activity of high difficulty, only suitable for people between 16 and 50 years old, without a guide. -8 to 9 hours Total time round trip. -25 kilometers of mountain trekking with 800 meters of altitude, round trip. -Pick up/drop off is not available for lodges that do not have reception. In this case, a meeting point will be provided close to the lodge. -Passengers must have appropriate clothing for outdoor activities and hiking. -Do not forget your ID/Passport. -Drones are not allowed in the National Park.