My Guide Website?
Foz do Iguaçu: Wanda Mines and San Ignacio Ruins Day Trip2 Reviews
Discover the architecture of the baroque buildings at the UNESCO-listed San Ignacio Jesuit Mission. Explore the mysterious Wanda Mines and admire the precious stones in the walls.
- Discover the ruins of San Ignacio, listed as an UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Walk through the Wanda Mines and see precious stones embedded in the walls
- Relax with a convenient hotel pickup and drop-off
- Enjoy the intimacy of a group of maximum 15 people
DescriptionBegin your day trip with a convenient pickup from your hotel in Foz do Iguaçu in Brazil. Sit back and relax during the 250-kilometer (155-mile) ride to the Ruins of San Ignacio Jesuit Mission in Argentina, listed as UNESCO World Heritage in 1984. Walk around the ruins of the mission, which was founded in 1632 by the Jesuits in the Americas during the period of Spanish colonization. Learn about its history how it was built in what can be called the 'Barranco Guarani' as one of 30 missions built by the Jesuits in a territory that currently comprises Argentina, Brazil, and Paraguay. Appreciate the detailed architecture in carved stone, with sculptural details of baroque origin, interpreted and developed by indigenous artists of the time. Enjoy a spectacle of light and sound along the tour, which animates the ruins and brings the history of the site to life. On your way back to the city, you will stop for a one-hour tour at the Wanda Mines, located 60 kilometers (37 miles) south of Foz do Iguaçu in Argentina. Find hidden gems in the walls of the 300-meter tunnels, such as agate, amethyst, topaz, jasper and different types of quartz. Admire these semi-precious stones in different parts of the mine as well as in workshops and exhibition halls. You will also see other agricultural and forestry developments. After the mines, you will visit the store, which sells accessories and jewelry made from stones extracted from the mines. See a collection of local specimens exhibited at the Stone Museum and get the chance to buy raw or processed samples from specialist shops. After a full day of exploring and sightseeing, enjoy a comfortable ride back to your hotel in Foz do Iguaçu.
IncludesEntrance ticket to the Wanda Mines Entrance ticket to San Ignacio Mission Hotel pickup and drop-off from Foz do Iguaçu Professional tour guide
- San Ignacio Mission is a 3.5-hour drive from Foz do Iguaçu
- Subject to the charge of Puerto Iguazú tourist tax, which the local partner is not responsible for as it is a governmental fee
- A passport is necessary to cross the border. Please check with your government to find out if you need a visa and reciprocity fee to visit Argentina, as it cannot be paid at the border