My Guide Website?
- Navigate the Beagle Channel in a modern and comfortable boat
- Visit Sea Lion Island, Bird Island and Les Eclaireurs Lighthouse
- See Magellanic and Papuas penguins in their natural habitat
DescriptionStart the tour in the local tourist dock and board a modern and comfortable boat. Set sail and cross the wide Ushuaia Bay until you reach the Beagle Channel through Paso Chico. Then, navigate around the Bird's Island where you can appreciate species of the Tierra del Fuego's seabirds such as skuas, black-browed albatross, steam ducks, cauquenes, cook seagulls, and gray seagulls. After that, reach Sea Lion Island which also belongs to the Bridges Archipelago and is inhabited by 2 different species of sea lion. Arrive at the Les Eclaireurs (The Illuminators) Lighthouse where you will find imperial and rocky cormorants colonies. Hear the story of the collapse of the SS Monte Cervantes in 1930. Next, continue sailing East into the wonderful landscapes of the Beagle Channel surrounded by stunning mountain ranges. Admire both Puerto Almanza on the Argentina coast and the Puerto Williams Naval Base on the Chilean coast. After that, head onwards to Martillo Island, also known as Penguin Island where you will have the opportunity to observe a colony of Magellanic and Papua penguins in their natural habitat. Make the return journey back to the dock, where your tour will end.
IncludesLocal Spanish/English-speaking guide Navigation certificate Port taxes
- Food or drinks are available for purchase onboard
- The experience includes a navigation certificate
- Port taxes are included in the tour