My Guide Website?
Puerto Madryn: Snorkeling with Sea Lions
Sail towards Punta Loma Natural Reserve and experience the awesome snorkeling with sea lions in the blue waters of Golfo Nuevo. Discover amazing marine fauna!
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Argentina:If youʻre booking your trip to Argentina last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Sail the Golfo Nuevo and get up close the marine wildlife
- Discover the mollusks down the ocean
- Play with curious sea lions!
DescriptionMeet your instructor and depart to Punta Loma Natural Reserve, the oldest natural reserve in the Valdes Peninsula. This is the only spot in the area that hosts a colony of 700 sea lions all year round. Dive into the teal-colored water just below the white cliffs that are home to hundreds of black cormorants. You’ll sail for 30 minutes in the waters of Golfo Nuevo to reach the dive departure point. After the technical and safety talk, get into the water with a group of up to 12 people to start an easy dive. Sea lions are really curious creatures, and almost never reluctant to play with new visitors. You’ll be able to explore the area for about 45 minutes and get closer to these furry friends, and then get ready to discover other kinds of fauna and marine vegetation. If do not need previous experience on Snorkell. Your tour guide will assist you along the way. At the end of the day, enjoy facturas (classic Argentine pastries) before sailing back to Puerto Madryn.
Includes3/4-hour round trip from the meeting point 45 minutes of snorkeling Technical equipment (neoprene suit and snorkeling gear)
- Snorkeling suitable for non-experienced divers
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Departure times depend on some variables, such as the time of year and wind conditions
- Guests must be at least 6 years old to join the tour
- A wetsuit and snorkeling gear will be provided
- This activity may be canceled due to bad weather