My Guide Website?
From Puerto Iguazu: Itaipu Dam Tour with Entrance Ticket27 Reviews
Be amazed by the largest power plant in the world. Enjoy a panoramic tour of the majestic plant as you discover secrets and historic details about this incredible renewable energy project.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Argentina:If youʻre booking your trip to Argentina last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy spectacular views of the largest power plant in the world
- Benefit from a guided tour with technical information
- Enjoy the convenience of pickup and drop-off at your hotel
- Admire the beautiful Itaipu Lake view
- Enjoy the intimacy of a group with a maximum of 15 people
DescriptionAfter being picked up from your hotel, arrive at the Itaipu Dam Visitor Center. Watch a 10-minute introductory video in the cinema room which explains how the dam was constructed. Learn about how the Itaipu Dam extends for 7,719 meters across and 196 meters in height and is a world leader in renewable energy production. Continue the tour with a ride in a double-decker bus along the perimeter of the reservoir, making 3 stops for you to admire the incredible panoramas. This route allows for privileged views of the spillway at the edge of the dam and gives you the chance to admire the beautiful natural scenery within the Itaipu Complex. The dam was constructed across the border of Brazil and Paraguay so during the tour, you will hop from one country to another. At the end of the tour, take the opportunity to soak up the beautiful views from the top of Itaipu Lake before taking advantage of a return transfer back to your hotel. Upgrade your tour to include access to the special ciruit tour, which allows visitors into the inner section of the dam, or the illuminated tour, which includes a special audiovisual lights display.
IncludesHotel pick-up and drop-off from Puerto Iguazú Itaipu panoramic visit entrance ticket Regular scheduled transportation with other passengers Special circuit tour (if option chosen) Lights tour (if option chosen)
- A passport is necessary to cross the border. Please check with your government to find out if you need a visa and reciprocity fee to visit Brazil, as it cannot be paid at the border.
- You will either travel by car or van, depending on group size (maximum 15 people).
- The Itaipu Special Circuit Tour is subject to availability and scheduled time.