My Guide Website?
From Mendoza: High Andes Aconcagua Mountain Tour213 Reviews
Head to the Andes and enjoy views of Aconcagua, the highest peak in the Americas. Learn about the region from your guide, and make stops at Potrerillos, Uspallata, and Puente del Inca.
- Stand on the breathtaking natural rock bridge Puente del Inca
- Enjoy views of Aconcagua, the highest peak in the Americas
- Travel on Route 7, the famous international Andean Highway
- Visit the village of Uspallata and learn about the Incan people
- See the Dam of Potrerillos that generates energy for the region
DescriptionGet picked up from your hotel in Mendoza and get on the road for a full day of exploration in the Andes. On Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, begin by taking the dirt roads through Villavicencio where you can catch amazing views of the highest peaks in the Andes. Reach Uspallata Valley and make your first stop at the town of Uspallata where the native Huarpes settled during the pre-Hispanic era. Take your time to soak in the Andean scenery and grab a snack. Then, continue on to Polvaredas and Punta de Vacas. Snap some photos before getting to Puente del Inca, a natural arch situated 8,924 feet above sea level. Admire the swirls of colored rock and the mountain views from the bridge. Journey towards the Chilean border, and stop at a natural viewpoint at Aconcagua, the largest mountain in both the Southern and Western Hemispheres. From November to April, it's possible to enter the Aconcagua Provincial Park and hike to the Horcones Lagoon. Then head to Las Cuevas village for free time and a bite to eat if you so choose. Journey back to Mendoza on the famous Ruta 7 and get dropped off at your hotel.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off in Mendoza and Luján de Cuyo Tour in Spanish, English, or Portuguese Experienced guide
- This tour is subject to weather and road conditions; in case there is a road blockade you will be invited to take the tour again the next day
- Hotel pickup and drop-off is only available in downtown Mendoza city, for other addresses please contact the operator to confirm the pickup point