My Guide Website?
El Calafate: Perito Moreno Glacier Big Ice Trek24 Reviews
Experience an unforgettable hike across the ice on the magnificent Perito Moreno Glacier. From El Calafate, embark on an incredible Patagonian adventure as you marvel at the ice flow from new angles and learn about this frozen landscape.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Argentina:If youʻre booking your trip to Argentina last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore Perito Moreno Glacier on a hike with ice crampons
- Enjoy a sightseeing cruise in front of the glacier
- Marvel at the Patagonian forest with stunning natural scenery
- Admire the glacier from different angles as you stroll along boardwalks
DescriptionThe trip begins with pickup from El Calafate and travels 1 hour and 30 minutes to Bajo de la Sombras Port. From here, sail across the Rico Channel and descend on the southwestern coast of Patagonia to reach Perito Moreno Glacier. Upon arrival at the glacier, enjoy a 1 hour and 30 minute hike with your mountain guides along a path next to the glacier. Arrive at a magnificent view point and marvel at the vast frozen landscape that stretches out before you. From here, attach the iron crampons to the ground and begin your hike walk across the ice. Trek across the ice for around 4 hours, admiring the fascinating ice formations from start to finish. From your expert guides, learn about the flora and fauna that thrive in this unique environment, and listen to interesting facts about the glaciology of the region, and in particular about the phenomenon of glacier rupture. Finally, return to Bajo de las Sombras Port to gaze at the view of the glacier from the walkways and balconies, and then return to the city of El Calafate.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off in centrally located hotels in El Calafate Sailing in front of the glacier wall 3 hours trekking in the forest with a Bilingual guide in Spanish/English 4 hours hiking on the glacier with a Bilingual guide in Spanish/English Hike equipment
- It is mandatory to provide full name, ID or passport, and nationality
- Start time will be confirmed the day before the tour; an email will be sent to you with the confirmation
- It is not possible to book this tour for the day of your arrival or departure
- This is a physically demanding hike and is only suitable for people between 18 and 50 years of age with a good physical condition
- It is mandatory to send each passenger's medical records in order to confirm your reservation. Once the purchase is made, you must contact the activity supplier to request the medical file that you must complete and deliver before carrying out the activity