My Guide Website?
Buenos Aires: Tango Porteño Show with Optional Dinner65 Reviews
Travel back in time to the glory days of Buenos Aires’s tango scene at a fantastic porteño dinner show. Enjoy the tango dances and music in a 1940s setting at the Porteño Theater.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Argentina:If youʻre booking your trip to Argentina last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- See the amazing dancers and music of the Tango Porteño in central Buenos Aires
- Relive the glory days of the tango at a recreation of the tango shows of the 1940s
- Feast on a menu of delicious Argentine and international cuisine
- Watch a historic tango show at the stunningly restored Porteño Theater
DescriptionThe words “tango” and “porteño” sum up the essence of Buenos Aires. To be born in the city is to be a “porteño,” while Buenos Aires is the undisputed city of tango. In 1925 the French artist Maurice Chevalier made his debut in a small theater at 700 Corrientes Avenue, today the legendary Porteño Theater. In the same year, the “Tango Porteño” was recorded by Carlos Gardel for the Odeón label, and a legend was born. This incredible Tango Show recreates the unparalleled age of tango, just steps away from Buenos Aires' famous Obelisk. The setting is a luxurious and treasured Metro Goldwyn Mayer movie theater from bygone years, restored to the last detail in the purest Art Deco style. Tango Porteño's meticulous scenery and costumes will transport you back to the 1940s, when all of Buenos Aires was enthralled by the tango. If you choose the dinner option, you will be treated to a delicious gourmet meal before the show. You will enjoy a variety of fine wines, Argentine steak and sinful desserts. If you choose the show-only option, you will arrive directly to enjoy an evening of tango. You will witness a unique show with more than 30 artists and 12 live musicians on stage.
IncludesTransfers from and to centrally-located hotels in Buenos Aires Tango show 3 course dinner (if option selected) Drinks (if option selected: water, soft drinks, beer, red/white wine and coffee)
- •Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Buenos Aires hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation. •Minimum drinking age is 18 years old •Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required. Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.