My Guide Website?
Full-Day Tour to El Chalten from El Calafate with Lunch24 Reviews
Travel from El Calafate to the village of El Chaltén on a full-day tour. Visit the Interpretation Centre in Los Glaciares National Park, then set off on your own for a day of self-guided hiking and exploration. Enjoy a picnic lunch and breathtaking views.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Argentina:If youʻre booking your trip to Argentina last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Hike from the village of El Chalten along the trails of Los Glaciares National Park
- Explore the hiking capital of Argentina at your own pace
- Enjoy fantastic views of Mt. Fitz Roy
- Discover extraordinary glaciers and Patagonian landscapes of Los Glaciares National park
DescriptionSpend some time exploring nature with a full-day in El Chalten, home to Los Glaciares National Park. Begin by departing El Calafate in the morning along Route 40, an iconic highway goes along the Argentino Lake up to the La Leona River. Passing the Cañadón La Leona, you will stop at an ancient hotel for a break to buy coffee and cakes. Continue along the Lake Viedma for magical views of glaciers, hidden lakes, and the glory that is Mt. Fitz Roy. After several photos stops, arrive in the Andean village El Chaltén, also known as the 'The Capital of the Trekking.' Here you will visit the Interpretation Centre before setting out on a hiking journey. From The Pudu Lodge, you will start a self-guided trek to one of the miradors of the Mount Fitz Roy and Mount Torre. You will be given a map and lunch to bring with you as you follow the clearly marked tracks. You may consider the DeAgostini base camp - Laguna Torre hike, one of the most classic treks. It takes you up to the Adela range and the incredible Lagoon Torre, where you might find a number of icebergs that have slid down from the face of the glacier Cerro Torre. If you are seeking something shorter, the Laguna Capri Trail is a great option that offers unforgettable views of Mt. Fitz Roy.
IncludesRound-trip transportation from El Calafate hotels English/Spanish-speaking guide during transportation Visit to El Chalten Interpretation Centre Lunch box
- There is no penalty for cancelations made up to 10 days before the tour date. From 9 days to 5 days before the tour date there is a 50% penalty. After that, there is a 100% penalty.
- It is suggested that you bring along hiking shoes, warm clothes, a bottle of water, and snacks.