My Guide Website?
From Ushuaia: Trekking to Emerald Lagoon with Dinner15 Reviews
Enjoy this amazing trip to Esmeralda Lagoon. Cross the ancient lenga forest and admire the turquoise water of the lagoon, nestled between great mountains.
- See Emerald Lagoon surrounded by wild landscapes
- Trek with a specialized guide
- Enjoy roundtrip transportation from Ushuaia city
DescriptionYou will start this tour from the meeting point located in Ushuaia city and then depart towards Tierra Mayor Valley. Once at the begining of the path, you will start your 3-hour hike towards Emerald Lagoon. Most of the year the ground is humid, which gives a medium difficulty to the trek. Enjoy path covered with dense native forests and streams (over 5 miles with cumulative elevation gain of 580 ft.). Emerald Lagoon is hidden and located at the foot of the Ojo de Albino glacier, between Cerro Bonete and Cordón Toribio. It is an excellent place for spotting foxes, condors, and beavers. Once arrival to the shore, marvel at the turquoise water while you take a break. The colors that mix between the emerald green of its waters and the coppery red of the peat bogs, added to the ochers, greens and browns of the mountains that enclose it and the albino white of the glacier achieve a visual charm and a wonderful chromatic amplitude. At the end of the tour, enjoy a quiet dinner in a charming cabin overlooking the Tierra Mayor valley while the sun slowly goes down. Return to Ushuaia is estimated around 10 PM.
IncludesRound-trip transportation from meeting point Use of equipment: boots Bilingual guide Dinner Beverages
- You must provide the full name, date of birth, nationality, and passport number of each participant when booking in order to confirm your booking
- It is recommended to bring: waterproof jacket + fleece jacket. Waterproof shoes or sneakers with good traction. Hat or cap. Sunglasses. Extra footwear and extra socks, as the terrain may be waterlogged.
- It is recommended to wear layers because the weather can vary throughout the day