My Guide Website?
2-Day Perito Moreno Tour with Boat Ride & 4WD Safari3 Reviews
Visit Glaciers National Park, stroll around the walkways & navigate towards Perito Moreno Glacier for a close-up view. Plus, go on an off-road vehicle into remote Patagonia & enjoy an exquisite lamb.
- Marvel at the glacier from nearby viewing platforms
- Enjoy a boat ride to get closer views of the ice walls
- Discover the remote Patagonia and its unique wildlife
- Taste a meal in an authentic Patagonian ranch
- Learn about pioneers of the region
DescriptionSpend 2 full days exploring the nature and scenic views of Patagonia with a professional guide. Day 1: On your first day, you will be driven from your hotel in El Calafate and towards Glaciers National Park. Enjoy the landscapeon the way. Glaciers National Park, hosts the second largest icefield in the world after Antarctica. At the hop-off point, your guide will explain how to tour the 2 mile-long boardwalks that showcase the front wall of Perito Moreno Glacier. These are low difficulty paths connected by stairways. You can read the informative signs in key viewpoints, and if you're lucky, you may even see a gigantic piece of ice breaking and falling into the lake. Join your guide again at the stated time to take your hour-long boat trip across the whole frontal face of this 260 foot-high ice wall. There is a little bar inside the boat where you can buy hot beverages to fight the cold Patagonian wind. Return to your hotel in El Calafate in the early evening. Day 2: On your second day, you will be picked up at your hotel again and head to the remote Patagonia which, although often mistaken as desolate, is full of unique wildlife. You will explore 32 miles of a natural reserve in a small group using a 4wd off-road vehicle. Make different stops to discover guanaco herds and the trail of the Patagonian grey fox. On the tour, you will try to spot and identify native species. Discover the delicate steppe ecosystem, where 80,000 years of Earth’s history can be traced by different fossils and the remains of different mammals which walked the Earth over 15 million years ago. Learn about the pioneers’ history and taste exquisite Patagonian lamb at an authentic house tucked deep within the Patagonian countryside before heading back into town.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off on both days Bilingual guide Boat ride on day 1 Entrance fee to natural reserve on day 2 Lunch or dinner with drinks on day 2
- Please note that the day 1 tour does not include lunch • Please bring a waterproof jacket and layer up
- The order of activities may vary according to availability
- Day 2 activities are available from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM or from 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM. Lunch or dinner is included, depending on the departure time of the tour. Please let us know your preference at the time of booking
- Bringing clothing in layers is recommended because of the various changes in weather
- On 25th December and 1st January the second day tour only departs at the PM option